For 4 servings-
- 1 lb of shrimp deveined and no tails
- 1/2 of the juice from a lemon
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 4 or 5 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley (dried is fine if fresh is unavailable)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pinch of red chili flakes
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- Clean all shrimp. Remove tails and devein them.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a pan on medium heat.
- Once it’s melted, add in the wine, parsley, garlic, sea salt, pepper, chili flakes, and lemon.
- Bring to a quick boil and after that happens turn back to a simmer.
- Simmer wine mixture for 3-5 minutes.
- After that add pink to pan. Cook for about 5 minutes or until pink. Make sure you get both sides of the shrimp cooked. Don’t overcook or they will be rubbery!
- Serve immediately.
This is great. Super simple. 1 net gram of carb per serving.
Posted in dieting, eats, Entrees, healthy eating, healthy living, Recipes, Seafood, weight loss
Tagged atkins, diet, healthy, healthy living, keto, ketosis, Low Carb, Recipe, Recipes, Seafood, weight loss
What you need-
- 5 eggs
- 6 oz of fresh spinach cut into ribbons
- garlic powder to taste
- 1 tbsp of chopped onions
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2.5 cups cheese of choice
- optional- a few ounces of cooked meat like sausage, bacon, ham. I would precook it before adding to quiche.
- Heat oven to 375.
- Grease a pie pan.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add to pie pan.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes until it turns golden brown.
1.5-3 carbs per serving depending on what you use DELISH. Tons of leftovers. Perfect for on the go.
Posted in Appetizers, Breakfast, eats, healthy eating, healthy living, Recipes, weight loss
Tagged atkins, diet, healthy living, Low Carb, Quiche, Recipes, weight loss
Okay blog. My bad. I have totally neglected you. I think I forgot to tell all of my beautiful readers that I have officially made the switch over to the dark side. The low carb lifestyle. For me it’s NOT a diet. It will be a lifestyle. I know that if I go back to breads, sugars, pasta, crap that I will gain back all of the weight. I know all of the risks. I know that my body holds on to carbs like it’s a ten carat diamond. Seriously I can look at pasta and gain 10 pounds.
Why did I decide to go low carb? Simple. Lots of people get results. I decided that with my half marathon coming up that I really needed to shed a few extra pounds to be race ready. I worked my ass off and didn’t lose any weight. I mean a straight perfect month and I GAINED 2 pounds. Muscle? Whatever it still stung. I started low carbing 8 days ago and I swear I have never felt so satisfied in my life. I am eating foods I could have NEVER ate on my regular plan. I am still getting tons of veggies in, and I don’t have to worry about protein, fat, calories, etc. All I have to do is figure out my carbs. It’s so simple.
I am a savory person so this low carbing thing has been SUPER easy for me. I have stuck to under 20 grams of carbs for the past week. I have one more week of 20 carbs or less in the induction phase. After that I will bump it up to 25 etc etc.
I didn’t even weigh myself at the beginning of this process ( I know so stupid). In 4 days though I have lost 6.6 pounds. My body is producing ketones and I am feeling good. When I first started I will be honest I did have some upset stomach issues and headaches. All is well now and I will continue on my low carb path.
This isn’t for everyone! It’s really working for me though and I love it. My husband is doing it with me as well.
Sorry I didn’t let you guys in on my new lifestyle. I promise there will be tons of new low carb recipes, and for you non low carbers a ton of other stuff. I want us all to be able to support each other no matter what kind of food we are eating!
Have a wonderful day and holiday weekend!
Thanks for reading!
PS- I post most of my meals on instagram here- http://instagram.com/gracegothealthy
or on my facebook page- https://www.facebook.com/Gracegothealthy?ref=hl
Posted in dieting, eats, healthy eating, healthy living, Inspiration/Motivation, weight loss
Tagged carbs, diet, dieting, healthy, healthyliving, Low Carb, weight loss
Lemon cheesecakes. Lowcarb.
Preheat oven to 350.
Combine 8 oz of softened cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/4 cup sweetener (truvia) 1/2 tsp vanilla, and 1 squeeze of lemon.
Put into muffin liners and bake for 20 minutes. Cool completely. These taste best cold. Store in fridge.
1 oz London broil
2 slices of apple smoked thick bacon
Delish and low carb. Heavenly.
This is a great low carb snack!
All you need is cream cheese, smoked salmon and cucumber.
Slice cucumber, add a dollop of cream cheese, top with salmon. Simple!
Posted in Appetizers, dieting, eats, healthy eating, healthy living, Lunch, Recipes, weight loss
Tagged appetizers, dieting, healthy, healthy living, Low Carb, lowcarb, Recipes, weight, weightloss