What you will need.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 tbsp
Garlic a lot.. I used about 10 cloves.
Onion (1/2 of a medium onion)
Yellow Pepper (1/2 of a medium)
Asparagus 1 bunch
1 can of clams including the juice
New Zealand Mussels 1 lb.
1/2 a pint of grape tomatoes
Veggie Stock 2 cups
White Wine 1/2 cup
-note i am officially over mussels. i am going to sub out mussels for shrimp or white fish next time.
1. Roast tomato at 350 for twenty minutes. ( I use grape tomato and half them).
2. Sautee onion, garlic, and yellow pepper in evoo on LOW heat.
3. When veggies are translucent, add 2 cups of vegetable stock and white wine + roasted tomato + clam juice (reserve the actual clams) Turn heat up to MEDIUM.
4. Steam asparagus on the side.
5. Once soup base is bubbling, add the clams and mussels. Turn heat down. Simmer for 4-5 minutes.
6. Add steamed asparagus to pot.
A ton of flavor, I really enjoyed this soup!