You must try my italian ricotta frittata. Lots of flavor and great nutrition.
Makes 3 servings. This is what I used.
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup of liquid egg whites
- 1/4 cup of low fat ricotta
- 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella on top (optional)
- 1 handful of fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove
- garlic powder and black pepper
- 1 medium tomato carefully deseeded and rid of extra moisture
Preheat oven to 365 degrees. Chop up basil ribbons, garlic, and tomato. Add it into a mixing bowl along with the 2 eggs, and liquid egg whites. Add the ricotta next with a bit of ground black pepper and garlic powder. Take a fork and mix together.
Now you want to bake it. You can use little ramekins, or a glass pan. Make sure you spray the container with non stick spray on all sides. Pour in carefully, making sure to leave room at the top for it to “grow”. Optional sprinkle shredded mozzarella on top 😉
Here is the nutritional breakdown. Calories- 130, Fat- 5.6, Protein- 14, Carbs- 5