Here is what I used-
- Medium sized mushrooms caps.
- Chicken sausage ( see below picture for more information).
- Organic tomato basil sauce that I added the chopped mushroom stems, fresh basil, and fresh oregano to.
- Part skim shredded mozzarella.
- 1-2 tbsp of parmesan (optional).
- Garlic powder
- Mini sweet bell peppers
Can we talk about this awesome new food find? This chicken sausage is amazing. Living in the islands our food choices are normally limited, so when I spotted this at Publix I picked it up right away. I also got a pack of apple sausage.
Nutritional Info for 1 link 50 calories- Fat 2.5- Carbs 1- Protein 6
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Carefully remove from stems from mushrooms caps. Reserve the stems. Chop them finely.
- Heat up sauce. I used about 1/2 a cup per serving. I took the leftover mushroom stems and added those to the sauce on low heat. Add fresh herbs. I like greek oregano, and basil. It gives the sauce a bit of a kick.
- Once sauce is cooked through, add 1 tbsp or so to each mushroom cap.
- Top with 1 tbsp of part skim mozzarella or cheese of choice.
- Chop sausage links (it’s already cooked) and add to top of cheese.
- Add mini multi colored peppers to top of pizzas.
- I next added a bit of extra greek oregano, and garlic powder. I also sprinkled a bit of parmesan on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Nutritional counts would vary with how much sauce, cheese, sausage you use, but this is a relatively low calories pizza. I would say below 200 calories, around 7.5 grams of fat, and 16 grams of protein. Add a side salad or something green and you have a really nice dinner.