Good morning/afternoon/evening! I was very happy to see that I was nominated for the very inspirational blogger award! I really try to share my ups, downs, and all arounds with all of you. Not all of it is interesting, or inspiring, but I do try my very best! 🙂 Thanks for reading.
I was nominated by the fantastic Stephane of http://myfrenchheaven.com/ I am a huge admirer of him and of his photography. His pictures are absolutely stunning. I am quite honored by his nomination. Thank you my french heaven!
So here are the rules for The Very Inspirational Blogger Award:
- Display The Award’s Logo on your blog
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you
- Tell 5 things about you
- Nominate 6 of your favorite blogs with a link to one of their posts
5 things about me.
1. I am a self taught cook. Seriously. My mother made the same meals over and over again. She also liked every thing well done. Legit. Even pizza. So basically you can say that I had to teach myself how to cook. When I make something wonderful I get this feeling of success. When I make something that sucks, I learn and move on. No regrets in the kitchen.
2. Oregon Trail is probably one of my fondest memories of elementary school. I remember I would always make it to the big river crossing right before computer lab was over. I can clearly see the computer room, the computers, and that green glow. I was a banker who was headed to Oregon. Serious Biz!
3. I have a huge game collection. A closet full of board games, and a huge video game collection. We have literally thousands and thousands of video games. Basically it is like a playground over here. I remember having only 9 or so nintendo games when I was little. Now I have every single nintendo title that exists. Along with Super nintendo. It is awesome being able to play any game that I want at anytime. Anyone up for California Games or Paperboy 2? Come on over 🙂
4. I really only need basic things to get by in life. I don’t believe in spending money at Starbucks, or multiple trips to Target each week. I can go days without spending money. I feel like people are all so greedy these days. Sure we have boats and video games, but we use those things over and over and over again. Just because you have money doesn’t mean you should spend it. Every single year I get more frugal. I have changed so much from my early twenties. I use to be very reckless with money. I even used to just throw pennies into the street. Now I pick those same pennies up! Who goes on nature trails and looks at the ground for change? THIS GIRL!
5. I judge people by their integrity and character. Not by what shoes they wear or the car they drive. That designer bag doesn’t make you anymore likable honey! That sweet car doesn’t make you any less of a bad person. I like people for who they are not what they have!
Here are my 6 nominations-
This was fun! 🙂