I was originally going to try this with shrimp, but I could not get down to the seafood market. I decided to go with chicken because I already had it. This is a nice light but filling dish. I modified the recipe from Shortcut Cooking magazine.
The stats- 230 calories, 9 grams of fat, 1 carb, 35 grams of protein.
- 4 oz chicken breast with all fat removed per person.
- 1 tsp or so of coconut or extra virgin olive oil.
- 1/8 cup or however much feta you would like to use.
- 1 tsp or so zested lemon.
- Season chicken breasts with sea salt and pepper or whatever other ingredients you want.
- Add oil to a large pan. Heat to a medium heat. tip- evoo burns at high temperatures, coconut oil does not.
- Add chicken breasts to pan. Cook until no longer pink, turning once.
- Take feta + lemon peel and mix together.
- Top almost done chicken breast with mixture. Place a top on so cheese melts as the chicken finishes up.
- I added a splash of the lemon on top after it was done.
Serve with something green and you have a perfectly balanced meal.