1. Congrats on your first semester at college! Are you living at home or in the dorms this semester?
I live in the dorm; my school is about 3 hours away from home.
2. How is your school for fitness activities? Do you use their gym? Have you gotten in a new routine?
It is amazing! The gym is the awesome and the hours are really flexible.
3. What is it like trying to eat at the cafeteria? Can you tell us what kind of temptations you face at the food court?
It is not easy to eat in the cafeteria at my school, but it is easier than it would be at another school. All of the nutrition information is posted in the café and the menu for the week is also available online, nutrition facts included.
4. Favorite fast meal from the food court?
My go to meal is definitely from the sub shop on campus; 6inch grilled chicken sandwich with spinach, olives, and honey mustard. It’s the best!
5. How are you balancing nutrition, exercise, and school?
It’s a delicate balance and it took me a little while to get it down but I think I have gotten it. I have scheduled gym time into my weekday at least 3 times, usually Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I have most of my classes (four) on Tuesday, Thursday, so it’s definitely easier for me to find study and exercise time on my down days where I only have two classes.
6. Are you stressed out? What exercise helps you get rid of some of that stress?
Stress? Yes! I have found that taking a walk/run around campus, while listening to my music, is my best stress reliever. By doing this I am getting away from it all and taking a moment to come back into myself.
7. Have you been maintaining your weight loss?
8. What is your major? Do you have a favorite class right now?
My major is still undecided, but Political Science had most definitely been my favorite class!
9. I know you are doing a spring semester. What are your plans for this summer when school gets out?
I plan to visit friends and work this summer. I am also looking into doing a study abroad program for the summer.
10. Give us one tip you have taught yourself on how to live healthy in college.
I think the best tip that I can give is just to remember that you are not alone. There is actually a large chunk of the college population that also want to live a healthy live style and make good life decisions. All you have to do is tap into that circle of people and surround yourself with them. I know that my friends have made eating healthy and working out a lot easier because they have been right there with me the whole time!
Thank you Tanisha! We are all so proud of you!