I decided to make a weeks worth of meals to save myself some time in the kitchen. To make it simple I decided on two breakfast options, two lunch options, a variety of snacks, and two dinner options. My plan looks a little something like this.
- 1 cup of high fiber cereal with 1 cup of almond milk + 1/2 cup of fruit + 1 homemade turkey sausage patty.
- 1 egg 1/2 cup egg-white + veggies. 1 slice of ezekial 7 sprouted bread topped with 1 tbsp of nut butter.
- Chicken Enchilada soup served with a side salad.
- Spinach/Greens salad topped with protein of choice + healthy fat+ veggies+ dressing of choice.
- Greek Yogurt.
- Hummus and Veggies.
- Hard boiled eggs.
- Turkey slices.
- Grilled salmon, small sweet potato, and 1/2 cup of veggies.
- 3 bean turkey chili topped with cheddar cheese, cilantro, and chobani greek yogurt for sour cream.
I used two recipes from Skinnytaste. The 3 bean chili + the chicken enchilada soup. Recipes below.
I went to the store and got all the ingredients that I needed to make my week of food.
I started by chopping up some organic pineapple. Diced up some organic bell pepper (for the eggs). Made homemade turkey sausage. It’s really easy. The trick is a ton of sage! Got my 3 bean chili on the stove. Yum! This turned out really good. Here is the chicken enchilada soup in the crockpot. Homemade blackbean burgers. Marinated chicken slices in franks buffalo sauce + bleu cheese vinaigrette. All grilled up.
Hopefully this will help keep me on track! Here is to a successful week!