Hey guys! I’m Lindsay and I blog about my weight loss journey over at Lindz, Losing It.
When Grace asked me to write a guest post for her while she was away on vacay I was super excited—and immediately knew exactly what I wanted to share with you all.
I have a major sweet tooth sometimes—okay, most of the time. And I just so happen to love No Bake Cookies. However, when you’re dieting and trying to lose weight there’s not much room in the picture for those.
So I came up with a no bake cookie bar recipe that is a much healthier version of these sugary calorie stealers. The best part is they leave you feeling satisfied without the guilt and only require 6 ingredients!
1. First, gather your ingredients. You’ll need:
1 ½ C Quick Oats
1 ½ Tbsp Cocoa Powder
3 Tbsp Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
1/3 C Peanut Butter
2 Tbsp Honey
1/3 C Unsweetened Almond Milk
2. Mix all of the dry ingredients together.
3. Add in the remaining ingredients: PB, honey, and almond milk.
4. The mixture will be somewhat dry hard to stir. And probably won’t look too appetizing. Just keep mixing and make sure everything is combined evenly throughout. 🙂
5. Lightly grease an 8×8 baking dish with coconut oil, then transfer mixture to pan. Even mixture out with your hand.
6. Cut into 8 equal sections, then place in the freezer for 20-25 minutes. Once hardened slightly you’ll be able to get them out of the dish much more easily.
If you’re counting, yes there is a bar missing in that picture up there. I had to eat one when I was transferring them to the plate. I was starving. 🙂
I store these in a Tupperware container in the fridge. They are best if eaten within 3-4 days, but I’ve stored them for up to a week with decent results.
The best part about these is they’re only 160 calories per bar, so enjoy with abandon. Well, sort of. 🙂