Thank you to NatureRaised® Foods for sponsoring this article. Learn how NatureRaised® Foods is “Doing What’s Right, Right from the Start™” in your area.
When living a healthy lifestyle it is important to eat food that will fuel your body. I like to make a quick and simple chicken dish for dinner at least once or twice a week. Chicken is so versatile. There are so many ways that you can prepare it. I like chicken because it’s a high protein, low fat option for me. With that being said, I am very picky about what kind of chicken I use. With so many options out there, it’s difficult to know exactly what to choose.
I recently have had the opportunity to work with a company called NatureRaised Foods. They believe in doing things the natural way. Their products have a strict standard. They are committed to treating animals humanely. No antibiotics are added EVER! Also, hormones and steroids are never used. The chickens are fed a 100% vegetarian diet. This means no animal by-product or other gross by-products. As I checked out their story http://www.natureraisedfarms.com/, I immediately felt like this was a company who cares about what we are eating. Their website is full of information and recipes, but most importantly you are introduced to their farmers. These people are working hard to make sure you get the quality chicken you and your family deserve! After my research I decided to try out the product. It needs to taste good right? I found the brand at my local Publix. It is available in your local grocery stores, and also at the big supermarkets such as Wal-Mart®. You don’t have to go all the way to a fancy place like Whole Foods® to get “better for you” chicken. I decided to use the NatureRaised Farms® brand chicken to make my famous Buffalo Chicken Bake. This is the perfect healthy recipe to make for the football season. Everyone loves buffalo wings. Why not make a healthier version for everyone? Why we are at it, how about making a more natural dish as well! Win.
Buffalo Chicken Bake
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 4 NatureRaised Farms® brand chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup cheese of choice
- 4 tbsp of your favorite hot sauce
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Dipping sauce of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Put chicken into a mixing bowl.
- Add 4 tablespoons of buffalo/hot sauce to chicken.
- Place chicken into an oven safe dish. I used my glass 8X8.
- Add cheese on top. Add breadcrumbs on top of cheese.
- Bake in oven for about twenty minutes. Turn broiler on low and let breadcrumbs brown and cheese melt for a few more minutes if you like.
- Serve with a salad or anything green for the perfect balanced meal.
Nutritional Statistics- 276 calories, 10 carbs, 11 grams of fat, and 33 grams of protein.
The bake turned out moist and tasty. This is a product that I feel confident feeding my family regularly. The price was really decent and affordable. I think it’s really important that we all know what is going into our mouths. Thank you NatureRaised Farms® brand chicken for allowing me to worry a lot less about what I am feeding my family!