I have not made crab cakes in months, so I decided to take a stab at it. I used this recipe here with a few slight moderations.
I added basil, red and green diced peppers (for Christmas!!) extra old bay, and extra dijon mustard. They came out fantastic!!
Tip- After you make the mixture throw it in the fridge for 15-20 minutes. The mixture firms up and it’s easier to make the cakes!
Okay. Yes I am from Maryland. Yes I love Maryland. I grew up fetching fatty blue crabs off the dock in my backyard. Yes we steamed them. With lots of old bay. They were delicious. A typical crab feast in Maryland would consist of beer, cheese and crackers, pickles, vinegar, hot butter, extra old bay, friends, and of course paper towels and CRABS. When I moved down to the Florida Keys my heart still longed for my beloved blue crabs. I would have to settle for stone crabs. Still very tasty, but nothing like home. Continue reading “New Jersey Style Blue Crabs.”
I have made a lot of crab related recipes, but this one takes the cake. I was lucky enough to use extremely fresh crab caught in my backyard. The better quality the crab, the better tasting. Please do yourself a favor. MAKE THESE. I want to call them Get yourself a husband stuffed mushrooms. I think I will. Make these for a boyfriend or girlfriend and I promise they may marry you. Continue reading “Get yourself a husband stuffed mushrooms.”
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 3-4 tbsp of fresh cilantro
- 6-8 oz of jumbo lump crab
- 1 ripe mango diced
- 1 medium size florida or california avocado cut into slices
- 3 small tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup of red onion diced
- 1/4 cup of red bell pepper diced
- 1/4 of a small jalapeno diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dice tomato, jalapeno, red onion, mango, cilantro, red bell and lastly the avocado. Set aside.
- In a bowl mix 2 tbsp of olive oil, all of the juice from the lime, and chopped cilantro. Stir. Add a bit of salt and pepper to taste. Add the chopped red onion, jalapeno, tomato, red pepper to mixture.
- Now time to make the stack. You can use whatever you want that is a cylinder shaped. My first attempt is going to be with a metal 1 cup measuring cup. Layer the following. Avocado, Veggie mixture, Mango, Crab meat, and lastly layer more sliced avocado on top.
- Flip the stack over onto a plate and hope that the stack stays together.. If not you can at least say you tried
- SO GOOOD!