I got the incredible opportunity to do a phone interview with WWE superstar Aariane Andrews aka CAMERON about her ten holiday tips for staying on track. Here are her tips.
- It’s ok to over indulge with sweets but add 5-10 minutes of cardio the next day
- Add a half-hour to one-hour holiday hike daily; make the incline festive
- Make sure to get some circuit training in—burning calories the whole hour of your workout is the most effective
- Use heavier weights—like kettle bells (and jingle the jiggle away)
- Make sure to do an AB Class—still on board with circuit training… But concentrate on the hardest area to break down… You’ll be away ahead for your spring break bikini body.
- Opt for Matcha Green Tea over your daily coffee & cream as its speeds the metabolism and curb cravings
- Add 8 grams of fiber daily to your diet to help maintain sugar levels
- If you have plans to go to blow-out party, make sure you have solid protein a few hours before
- Pick your poison: either the sugary dessert or the exotic cocktail. Don’t go for both!
- Remember, there’s always tomorrow to keep your resolutions of optimal fitness & health
Speaking to Ari was great. She was kind and open and honest. Here are some highlights from our interview.
For tip one she talks about how it is okay to overindulge with sweets but to add some extra cardio into your schedule the next day. I asked what her favorite treat to indulge in was and she said chocolate souffle!
She loves to hike/run Runyon Canyon in LA with her girlfriends and spill the tea!
Her favorite form of exercise is circuit training which she does with her personal trainer. Sometimes she will do her own thing and concentrate on heavy lifting.
She loves ab classes and really concentrates working on her stomach. She has a love hate relationship with ab workouts! For someone who doesn’t have access to a gym she recommends bicycle crunches and planks at home to target the ab area.
She has been working on her booty with lunge exercises and squats. She says keep at it and you will get results!
Her favorite kettlebell workout is deadlifts.
She is a tea girl specifically a “soy chai latte” girl. Once in a while she will drink coffee but will mostly go for tea.
She spends half of her time in Orlando and half of her time in LA.
She takes a multi-vitamin to make sure she is getting all of her nutrients in.
If she is going to a holiday party, she will fill up on protein such as steak, chicken, or a protein shake so she doesn’t overindulge once she gets there.
If she has to choose between drinking and eating sweets, she told me that she will go for the cocktail. Even when indulging though she never goes for sugary drinks and instead opts for clear liquor like vodka and club soda.
She tries to not weigh herself around the holidays too much. She tries to find the balance and not get obsessed with scale numbers.
Her goals for 2016 is to not set goals. She is constantly pushing for bigger and better things and works year round to achieve it.
She has a anti-bullying campaign called #wrongnumber which she said was inspired by her fans to create.
Before WWE Ari wanted to be a psychologist and have her own practice. She misses working with autistic children and hopes to bring more awareness to the cause.
She doesn’t get much downtime. She calls herself a Jill of all trades. In her spare time she is building her business and her brand.
I hope sharing these tips with you guys will help you have a BALANCED and amazing holiday!