Stop spending money on pre-made sausage patties. Make them at home!!
4 oz of ground turkey. I used 93/7.
A little bit of sea salt.
At least 1 heaping tablespoon of sage.
Mix together. Form patties. Fry in a nonstick pan about 4 minutes a side. Delish!
I found this Recipe from Heidi Powell and it looked so simple that I had to try it. It only has six ingredients! I didn’t have to go to the store for anything. Those are the best kinds of meals to make. SIMPLE!
I preheated my oven to 375. Sprayed my glass pan and added the chicken breast. 4 ounces per person. I next mixed 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup of Chobani plain greek yogurt, garlic powder, a bit of sea salt, and pepper. At the last second I added about 1.5 tbsp of Frank’s buffalo sauce.I spooned that mixture on top of the chicken. Put it in the oven and baked for 45 minutes.
Here are the stats for the chicken-
For each 4 oz. portion of chicken: 161 calories, 4.5 g fat, 1.1 g carbohydrate, 28.75 g protein. Add a few more calories (like 2.5) if you add in any buffalo sauce!
This dish was honestly fantastic. The chicken was cooked perfectly. It wasn’t dry or overcooked at all. I used a butter knife to cut it! The added buffalo sauce was awesome. It gave it just enough of a kick. I recommend adding some for sure. This is going to be on my new weekly make list. It is SO simple. In fact I am making it again tomorrow! Thanks Heidi!
This is so simple. All I did was take leftover cooked chicken and warmed it up. Once it was warm I added in 1 light laughing cow swiss cheese flavored, 1/2 tbsp of buffalo sauce, and not even 1 tsp of parmesan cheese. I stirred that together and bam. Done. Stuff in big romaine leaves for a quick and easy lunch. I used 3.5 oz of chicken but feel free to use however you much.
149 calories, 5 carbs, 2 grams of fat, and 25 grams of protein.
I made the Skinnytaste’s cheeseburger casserole last night. It turned out fantastic. Such a keeper.
I only made a few subs. I used 1 pound of lean ground turkey instead of beef- 4 cheese instead of cheddar- and instead of 1.5 cups of onions I used 1 cup onion, 2 garlic cloves, and 1/4 sliced jalapeno. I also used pasta with extra fiber for a little boost of nutrition.
2 cups of rotini pasta.
2 cups of cheese.
Cook pasta in salted water to al dente. Drain and set aside. Preheat oven to 350.
Add 2 tsp’s of oil to a medium hot pan. Add onion mixture. Cook until soft about five minutes.
Add meat to pan and stir. Cook until mostly brown. Add a bit of sea salt and pepper to taste.
Add 2 tbsp’s of tomato paste. Stir.
Add diced tomatoes. 1 can.
Add 2 tbsp’s of dijon mustard.
Let cook for two minutes and start to bubble.
Mix together with pasta.
Top with cheese. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Add 1/4 cup chopped of chopped dill pickles.
Delish!! It really tastes like a cheeseburger! The best thing is this makes 9 servings. So many leftovers!! I would give this recipe a 8.5 out of 10! Here are the nutritional stats- Calories: 261 • Fat: 9 g • Protein: 21.5 g • Carb: 21.5 g • Fiber: 2 g • Sugar: 3 g Sodium: 468.5 mg
Here is the original recipe- http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/03/cheeseburger-casserole.html
I was originally going to try this with shrimp, but I could not get down to the seafood market. I decided to go with chicken because I already had it. This is a nice light but filling dish. I modified the recipe from Shortcut Cooking magazine.
The stats- 230 calories, 9 grams of fat, 1 carb, 35 grams of protein.
- 4 oz chicken breast with all fat removed per person.
- 1 tsp or so of coconut or extra virgin olive oil.
- 1/8 cup or however much feta you would like to use.
- 1 tsp or so zested lemon.
- Season chicken breasts with sea salt and pepper or whatever other ingredients you want.
- Add oil to a large pan. Heat to a medium heat. tip- evoo burns at high temperatures, coconut oil does not.
- Add chicken breasts to pan. Cook until no longer pink, turning once.
- Take feta + lemon peel and mix together.
- Top almost done chicken breast with mixture. Place a top on so cheese melts as the chicken finishes up.
- I added a splash of the lemon on top after it was done.
Serve with something green and you have a perfectly balanced meal.
I used some random ingredients to make these Mexican inspired turkey burgers. Here is what I used-
1 package of lean ground turkey, handful of cilantro, 1 tbsp of sriracha, 1/2 of a chopped cuban pepper, chili powder, black pepper, oregano, cumin, garlic powder, minced onion, and 1 handful of reduced fat mexican cheese.
Mix ingredients well. Fry in a large pan with some non cook spray until heated through. Makes 4 patties. Perfect for tomorrow’s lunch!
Making a whole chicken is super simple. There are a million different ways to make them yummy. Here is my italian version.
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Wash and clean whole chicken. Don’t be scared. Just remove the insides and wash the outside.
3. Pat bird dry.
4. Chop herbs of choice. For this chicken I am going to be stuffing it with flat italian parsley. Add chopped herbs underneath the skin. Be gentle!
5. Stuff cavity of bird with whatever you want. I am using quartered white onions, cloves of garlic, 1 chunk of ginger, and some pieces of lime.
6. For the top of bird add a bit of extra virgin olive oil. Spread over entire bird. For the seasonings I am using sea salt, pepper, sage, thyme, and oregano.
7. Place on a roaster rack and bake for 60-90 minutes or until bird is golden brown and juices run clear.
So good and simple. Tons of leftovers!
For two servings-
2 organic chicken breasts, 1 tbsp of eggwhites, oregano, sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, pepper, 1 medium spaghetti squash, 2 slices of mozzarella cheese, 1 small tomato sliced.
First- Preheat oven to 375. Continue reading “Italian Chicken Stuffed Squash.”
1 lb of extra lean turkey burgers, 1 handful of chopped spinach, 1 tsp of reduced sodium soy sauce, 1 tbsp of sweet chili sauce, ginger, sea salt, pepper, chili powder to taste, 1/2 cup of feta, 1 egg.
Mix well. Form into patties. Cook on both sides until done. So good!!!
Chicken dinner. Grilled chicken with old bay Lemon pepper / topped with grilled veggies. Side of broccoli and carrots on the side. No sauce, no cheese needed!