I am always looking out for protein snacks for on the go. I recently got a chance to try Perky Jerky and had to share it with my readers.
Perky Jerky is all natural, gluten-free, with no preservatives, and no nitrates. It’s literally the softest jerky I have ever tried. They marinate it overnight to make it extra tender. They have a ton of flavors and come in turkey or beef varieties.
I was mostly impressed with the nutrition. Each ounce of jerky has at least 10 grams of protein, is low fat, low sodium, and 60-80 calories. I tried the sweet and spicy turkey first and wow. It’s savory, sweet, and SO soft. I ate the whole bag. It’s addictive!
The beef jerky was also good. I recommend the teriyaki.
Since I am on Nutrisystem, 1 oz of jerky is equal to one powerfuel for me. It’s great for on the go! After I ran through my two sample bags I ordered 5 more bags! There is a special on their website right now if you buy 4 bags you get the fifth one free. Or you can try all 8 flavors for 29 dollars.
For more information you can check Perky Jerky out here.
Perky Jerky Link
10/10 product review. There isn’t one bad thing I can say about this awesome product. Give it a try! I promise you won’t regret it!
Stop spending money on pre-made sausage patties. Make them at home!!
4 oz of ground turkey. I used 93/7.
A little bit of sea salt.
At least 1 heaping tablespoon of sage.
Mix together. Form patties. Fry in a nonstick pan about 4 minutes a side. Delish!
This recipe turned out really well! This is going to be short and sweet since I didn’t take a lot of photos.
Buffalo Turkey Cupcakes
Makes 6 servings
- 1 package of 97% fat free ground turkey
- 1 carrot diced
- 1/2 of a small red onion diced
- 1/2 of a zucchini shredded and drained well
- 1/3 cup of breadcrumbs of your choice
- 2 tbsp of egg whites
- 3 heaping tbsp of franks buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup of bleu cheese
1. Dice carrot, onion, and shred zucchini with a grater. Make sure you soak up the zucchini with a paper towel!
2. Combine turkey, breadcrumbs, egg whites, veggies, hot sauce, and cheese together. Do not over mix. I didn’t use any extra seasonings.
3. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. I used metal cupcake foils. You could do the same, or cook them as a loaf. Serve with something green.
Here are the stats-
Calories- 163 Carbs- 8 Fat- 7 Protein- 18 Sodium- 454
My husband is in love with this meal. He says it’s his favorite!