Heat oven to 375. You need eggplant, extra virgin olive oil, whatever toppings you like, and your favorite cheese.
I wanted something light for dinner so I whipped up these veggie tacos. They literally took 5 minutes to make. I just chopped a few mushrooms, sliced a tomato, some onion, some avocado, some cilantro, and carrots and stuffed them into some big organic romaine leaves. I added some garbanzo beans for protein. So light and perfect for summer. I drizzled a bit of hot taco sauce on top for that extra kick!
Happy Meatless Monday friends! In honor of this awesome day I have a fun giveaway for you guys! Gardein (Garden+ protein) has been generous enough to offer Grace Got Healthy readers a cool prize pack! Included is a neoprene lunch bag + 3 free product coupons. For Canada or Us residents! A 25.00 value.
Gardein is a company that makes plant-based products made from a blend of wheat and pea proteins, soy, vegetables and organic ancient grains such as quinoa, amaranth, millet, and khorasan wheat. Gardein is easy to digest and free of cholesterol, trans and saturated fats.Their products are low-fat and also a good source of fiber. Their soy is Non GMO.
They have about a million different kinds of products to choose from. From beefless tips, chixn strips, beefless burgers, buffalo wings, turk’y cutlets, chixn patties and I could keep going. Their website is full of great recipes to use all of these products.
I like Gardein products because they actually have flavor. I have tricked a few people with their products. Make a chili with the beefless tips and they have no idea its vegetarian! It’s won a ton of awards and has even been featured on the Oprah show!
By going meatless even just a few meals a week, you are totally helping our environment! Do mother Earth a favor!
To enter this giveaway is easy. Simply like their Facebook page here http://www.facebook.com/gardein?fref=ts
+ leave a comment letting them know you are from Grace Got Healthy and that you are excited to go meatless!
You could also tweet them at https://twitter.com/gardein for another chance to enter.
Winner will be announced April 29th. Good luck!
For more information on Gardein products check out their website below.
Organic share today! Here is what I am getting-
1 dozen organic/natural/amazing eggs.
Red Globe Grapes, Bananas, Mini Watermelon, Eggplant, Asparagus, Broccoli, Tomatoes, Blackberries, Blueberries, Red Butter Lettuce, Carrots, Pink Lady Apples, Baby Spinach, Kale, Celery, Lacinato Kale, Broccoli, Lemons.
Not hummus hummus. I took a can of organic garbanzo beans, about 1 tbsp of organic coconut oil-u could use evoo if u want- about 1/4 cup of raw sunflower seeds, sea salt, garlic powder, 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast, 1/2 cup of fresh basil, and a few squirts of lemon. Blend. Yum! Great as a dip or on sammies. If you want it creamier, add more oil!
I found a package of processed, frozen black bean burgers in the freezer. I started reading the label. I was overwhelmed by how many ingredients they had listed. It was over thirty five. I could not believe it! I have made vegetarian burgers in the past, but I knew that I could make a even better one. Get this? It’s vegan! I found a few recipes online, and they all basically seemed the same. Keep in mind this recipe is super versatile though! You can use ANY KIND OF VEGGIES YOU WANT. Celery? Sure. Artichokes? Sure. You get the point.
Makes 4 burgers-
- 1 can of drained and rinsed black beans
- 1/4 cup of bread crumbs
- 1-2 Tbsp of sriracha or hot sauce. This adds the perfect spice. If you don’t like hot you could use 1-2 tbsp of ketchup or 1-2 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- 1 Tbsp of salsa (optional) I used mango salsa and it added some sweetness. You could use whatever you want or skip it all together.
- 2 large cloves of garlic.
- 5 mini bell colored peppers. Or use 1/2 cup of whatever colored peppers you like. I used red, orange, and yellow.
- 1/2 cup of onion.
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms.
- 1 medium carrot peeled.
- 3 Tbsp of fresh chopped herbs. I used cilantro and basil. You could literally use any kind of herb that you like.
- 1 Tbsp of oil to saute veggies in. I used coconut oil, but you could use whatever you want.
- Cumin, Sea Salt, Cracked pepper, garlic to taste. Whatever you want really.
So as you see the ingredients are super versatile, and you probably already have all of them right in your house. Only 12 ingredients? I would take that over the processed 35 any day of the week!
- Get started by chopping up all of the veggies. Garlic, Onion, Carrot, Mushrooms, and Peppers.
- Heat 1-2 tsp’s of oil in a saute pan. Add veggies. Add seasonings. I used a bit of cumin, sea salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir and cook until soft.
- Oh yeah Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In the meantime, drain and rinse black beans.
- Add to a mixing bowl and begin mashing with a fork. It takes a little bit of work! You could use a masher tool also.
- Once beans starts to break down, add the 3 tbsp’s of herbs + the salsa + the hot sauce/ketchup/or mustard. Next add in the bread crumbs and stir in.
- Once veggies are done cooking and cooled, add to black bean mixture. Stir together.
- Make patties. It will be a little messy! Put on a nonstick baking sheet, or a baking tray lined with tinfoil. Make sure it’s nonstick!
- You should get 4 patties out of this. Bake at 425 for about 20 minutes. You can flip them after 10 minutes, but be CAREFUL. They are crumbly!
- Enjoy on a salad, on a bun, or by itself.
Here are the nutritional facts.
Amount Per Serving
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.3 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.2 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||33.6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7.6 g|
These roasted chickpeas are delightful. They only have 3 ingredients!
Heat oven to 350.
Drain and rinse chickpeas throughly.
Once drained, add 1 tbsp or so of coconut oil to chickpeas. If coconut oil is in a solid form, just heat a bit up on the stove. Mix well. Add curry powder. About 1 tsp or so. Honestly I don’t measure!