This will be a simple quick blog. I have been eating a lot of riced cauliflower lately. People have been asking me how to make it so here goes.
1. Steam or boil cauliflower florets with a bit of sea salt, and a few cloves of garlic until soft but not mushy. You can use water or any kind of stock you like.
2. Drain cauliflower and make sure to keep the garlic.
3. Take a fork or masher and simply break the cauliflower down until it looks like rice. If you wanted to make mashed cauliflower, you would add whatever add on ingredients you like and put it into a blender.
4. Add-ons. I make this different every single time. Must haves— Tons of garlic powder, a bit of sea salt, cracked pepper. Here is where you can get creative. Do you want it creamy? Try adding some milk or chobani plain yogurt. Do you want it savory? Try adding just a bit of butter or a tbsp of hummus. You can even add in horseradish cream for a kick. Have fresh herbs? Add them? Want to add a bit of cheese? Add it. My point is make it your own. Everyone has different tastes.
It’s a great little side dish. I would never eat cauliflower before I discovered you could dress it up. Give it a try!
I always try to have a ton of fruit and veggie choices within my reach at all times. Here is what I picked up from the stand today.
- A huge head of romaine
- 4 bi color corn cobs
- 2 zucchini
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- The best tomatoes on planet Earth.
- 1 Florida avocado
- Wax beans
- Red creamer potatoese
- 1 lb of white mushrooms
- 5 tangerines
- 2 grapefruit
- 4 red navel oranges
Fruit stand complete!
I was running out of produce so I had to do a quick run. Here is what I got-
- 2 packs of organic mushroom caps for pizzas.
- 1 package of campari tomatoes.
- 1 pack of organic carrots
- ginger root
- 2 bulbs of organic garlic
- 2 organic gala aples
- 2 lemons
- 4 limes
- 1 box of organic spinach
- bag of green beans
- bag of mini sweet organic peppers
I love having leftovers for lunch. You basically just set yourself up to win!
1. Grilled Shrimp in avocado sauce served inside of a green pepper.
2. Thai Cilantro Chicken. (Will make leftovers for lunch).
3. Portobello Mushroom pizzas.
4. Spinach, black bean burgers (Will make leftovers for lunch).
5. Hogfish Parmesan (Will make leftovers for lunch).
6. Double crunch honey garlic pork chops (Will make leftovers for lunch).
7. Single servings Caprese lasagna roll-ups. (Will make leftovers for lunch).
Leftovers, wraps, and smoothies.
Plain yogurt messes, eggs, or smoothies.
1 medium or large squash chopped in half, that half chopped in half, that half chopped in half until you have nice spears.
2 tbsp of parmesan
1/4 cup of italian bread crumbs (you will have excess).
oregano garlic powder pepper to taste
1 tbsp egg whites, or 1 egg beaten (you won’t use all of this).
Mix breadcrumbs, seasoning, and cheese together. Keep in a shallow bowl.
Put egg in another bowl.
Dip squash into eggs. Let excess drip off. Roll in breadcrumbs. Repeat. Bake until crispy. About 20 minutes at 375, or until crispy. Yum!
So simple it hurts.
1/2 cup dried roll oats, 1 small banana (or use half of a larger banana), cinnamon, 1 tbsp of milk of choice, 1 tsp of brown sugar.
Cook oats on stove top or microwave. Once oats are thickened, add 1 tbsp of milk or as much as you want to get the right consistency. I like unsweetened vanilla almond milk for this. Add sliced bananas, sprinkle cinnamon, and 1 tsp of brown sugar. So good. I am full from this breakfast for HOURS.
Stars of the show. Fresh ripe tomato, white onion, organic spinach, mushrooms, and organic sweet bell pepper.
1 flatout italian wrap, 2 tbsp of wholy guacamole, 2 tbsp of pine nut hummus, 1 slice of pepperjack cheddar cheese, 1 tbsp of mustard.
Decided to do a beach lunch 🙂 beautiful day!
Can’t wait to try this vegetarian soup! Yummy!
- 2 containers of organic spinach
- 1 crown of broccoli
- 2 packages of bagged salad
- 4 squash
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 limes
- 3 garlic cloves
- white onions
- red onions
- organic eggplan
- italian parsley
- roma tomatoes
- box of mushrooms
Frozen- sugar snap peas, and 2 bags of whole green beans. Hopefully this will last a week. I am not sure why I skimped on the tomatoes. That won’t last me 2 days!!!
People always associate DIETS with SALADS. Like a bowl of iceberg, some carrots, a tomato slice, a radish, and a drop of some fat free horrible salad dressing. Since I am not on a diet I can load my salads up with tons of healthy options. I never get tired of salads! Here are some ideas. Click through to my salad gallery–
Blackened Shrimp salad.
Continue reading “Salad Fever.”