What a rainy weekend on the west coast of Florida. Seriously! I love rain but even I am starting to get over it!
Here are some pics from the weekend:
I stayed on track. I had about 30 grams of carbs per day. No alcohol either!
Goals for the week-
100 oz of water a day
30 carbs a day
Did you have a good weekend? What are your goals for the week?!
I finally got a chance to try my skinny noodles last night. I wish I had tried them earlier. I am super impressed. If you are into asian dishes like stir-fries, soups, pad-thai…this is IT. The noodles were very thin. They really have no taste. Very neutral. They pick up the flavor of the sauce you put them in. So versatile. My next plan is to put them in a some kind of soup.
I made stir-fry with my noodles.
You can use whatever veggies you want for yours. Just chop them all up.
Add a bit of oil to your pan and get the veggies cooking.
While my veggies were cooking I started draining the noodles. I drained them 3 times.
I cooked my chicken on the side as the veggies were cooking. I can’t find my wok so the process took a bit longer!
Add cooked chicken and spices. I used some ginger and some ponzu sauce + a tbsp of peanut butter.
I used a paper towel and got out any extra water from the noodles. I simple popped them into the pan and mixed everything together.
The final product. It was delish. Peanut/soy sauce was amazing and the noodles added a lot of volume with barely any calories! Super excited to try the rest of these guys!
Don’t forget I am running a giveaway for these noodles right over here– 5 packs!
You can find out all of the information on their website here-
My husband and I are very untraditional people when it comes to celebrating the holidays. We like to do things differently. For the first 8 years of our relationship we didn’t even put up a Christmas tree! It’s no surprise that our Thanksgiving every single year is totally different. Since we have been on our low carb journey we decided to keep with that theme for our big meal on Thursday. Here is my menu.
Roasted whole chicken. I do not feel like making a huge turkey this year since it’s only the two of us. I will roast the chicken with just some garlic, ginger, lemon, onions, and extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, and sage on the skin.
Cauliflower cheesy rice but this time loaded with ranch, bacon pieces, and cheddar cheese.
Here is the original recipe- https://gracegothealthy.com/2013/07/12/cheesy-cauliflower-rice/
Steamed green beans. I love how simple and sweet they taste.
Deviled eggs. I don’t have a recipe for these. I just wing them.
Jalapeno Poppers. I will be following this recipe-
Caprese salad. So simple. Just fresh tomato, mozzarella, and basil all layered and stacked topped with extra virgin olive oil, and balsamic vinegar.
The dessert I chose is to honor my husband. He loves peanut butter cups so we are going to have these-
That’s it! I am excited because we will be able to eat lots of yummy foods and still stay in ketosis land 🙂
Low carb has been working out really well for us so far! Onward.
What are you serving your family for Thanksgiving? Are you bringing a famous dish to a party? Let me know!
This is a great low carb snack!
All you need is cream cheese, smoked salmon and cucumber.
Slice cucumber, add a dollop of cream cheese, top with salmon. Simple!
Weigh In Report for the week. Up one pound. For realz. It’s all good though!! If I am being completely honest here, I ROCKED THAT SHIT ALL WEEK LONG. I have no shame! I will not let the scale tell me how to feel. It’s only a tool and I will use it as one. I feel AMAZING. Confident. STRONG. F the scale! 🙂
I hope you all have had successful weight loss weeks. If not, don’t get discouraged. Keep fighting! Feel free to comment and tell us your successes or setbacks for the week.
Here was breakfast. 1/2 cup of eggwhites, 1 tiny sprinkle of cheese, sriracha, 4 oz of coconut greek yogurt, kiwi slices, and 1/2 cup of mango.
Going to enjoy my coffee and do some work. Swimming is on my agenda for the day. Have a great one! Catch you at lunch perhaps friends. Keep on keeping on.
1. Be accountable. Yes this means writing or tracking things every single day. Yes it’s basically a part-time job.Yes it can be tedious. Does it help? Absolutely. You need to know if you are getting enough calories, proteins, carbs, and fats. No excuses on this one people. Try something like myfitnesspal or sparkpeople. Oh and those fancy smart phones we all have? There are tons of apps on them to track food.
2. Drink lots of water. I am not talking about crystal light. Straight up h2o. If you must flavor it– think real lemon, orange slices, limes, or even grapefruit. I promise you crystal light is not helping with any kind of weight loss.
3. Healthy Substitutions. Use them. Some of my favorites. Almond milk for cow milk. Greek yogurt for mayo/sour cream. Big beautiful lettuce leaves for bread. Peppers make great stuffers for anything. Spaghetti squash has officially replaced pasta in my house. Try thinking outside of the box. You don’t have to give up anything, just try to make it healthier.
Turkey LETTUCE wraps. Yum.
4. Finding a FUN exercise that you can do throughout the week. Biking? Swimming? Zumba? Tennis? Find one activity that gives you a workout, but doesn’t feel like WORK. I have to keep my workouts fun so I don’t get discouraged. My drug of choice right now? Swimming.
5. No self-hatred! Getting healthy and losing weight greatly benefits our quality of life. It’s not just about looking good! It’s about being in control, being and staying positive. It’s about encouraging others in their journey. If you wake up in the morning and call yourself a fat cow, how is that at all going to help yourself? The body is amazing. It might be a bit overweight, but YOU can change that. You don’t have to put yourself down. Discover who you are. Let yourself soar. You will be shocked at how much you can learn about yourself. Stay true to you. There is only one of you. If you are sick of being depressed because you are overweight….. CHANGE IT. But don’t keep the vicious cycle of self hating/talk up.
Love yourself and show the world who you are! Who you will be!!
I hope these simple tips help. Do you have a great tip? Leave it in the comments for everyone!